We make a bright career in the beauty industry. The cosmetology course includes various occupations like Makeup Artist, Hairstylist and Hairdresser, Beautician, Skin care specialist, Aesthetician, Nail Technician etc.
What is Cosmetology Course –
Cosmetology comes from Greek work kosmetikos means “beautifying” It is the study and application of all beauty treatment. It is the science as well as arts which focuses on making people look good. Beauty treatment include hair art courses, Nail art courses, skincare, cosmetics, manicures/pedicures, hair removal which are non-permanent such as waxing and sugaring, and permanent hair removal processes such as electrology and intense pulsed light .
A cosmetologist is a champion in doing beauty treatment who makes their career in beauty industries beautifully such as makeup course, skin care and beauty products. They do cosmetology courses.
They provide beauty services for body care, skin care, and nail care.
they have trained and have legal license to perform beauty treatments to the hair treatment, skin care treatment, and nails.
In this there are various fields including cutting and chemically treating hair, highlights in hair, chemical hair removal, fashion trends, nails and skin care, skin facials, hair wigs and hair analysis techniques of relaxation involved head, neck, scalp, body massage ability to makeup applications in expertise way to cover or promote and can expand into further specialties such as reflexology, theatrical applications; cosmetics.
Cosmetology Courses Type :
There are two types of Cosmetology courses:
- DIPLOMA IN COSMETOLOGY
- MASTER IN COSMETOLOGY
Eligibility for Courses :
In the career of cosmetologist courses there are some eligibility.
Eligibility For Diploma in Cosmetology Course:
- At least class 10th passed from a recognized school to make career in cosmetology.
Eligibility For Master in Cosmetology Course:
- Students should be passed class 12th from recognized schools.
- After class 10th those who are completed the diploma courses are eligible for master courses.
Scope in the field of Cosmetology –
The career in beauty industries is endless. There are various departments in this industry. This industry offers various careers for these professionals to exceed and grow.
It is a best career option with earnings increasing with experience and reputation Trained and expert cosmetologists find well paid incomes in recognized beauty parlours, high-end salons and in luxurious hotels/resorts. Makeup and beauty artist are always in demand Bollywood or whole film industry They are also highly demanded by fashion show industry. Other options are being an image consultant, writing books or articles and teaching.
Cosmetology Career –
- The career of cosmetology is bright future because every want to look good. This industry offers various careers for these professionals to exceed and grow.
- Cosmetologist career option increases with experience and reputation and they got increment in their earning also.
- Trained and expert cosmetologists find well paid jobs in beauty parlours, high-end salons and in luxurious hotels/resort.
Choices in Beauty Career –
Hair art courses- In these types of courses they provide hair treatment:
- Hair spa
- Hair highlights
- Hair cutting and different styles.
Hairstylist offer wide range of beauty services related to hair such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling of hair. Hair treatment for dandruff, rough hair, thin hair Etc.
Colourist is a person who involves in hair services like colouring the hair and is generally hired by a salon with a colour department. Different different faces suit different colour. Peoples then go to another stylist in the salon for additional services. Colourist get advance colour courses from recognized academy.
- Nail Professional –
These technicians are providing manicures, pedicures, polishing, and nail extensions to client’s different styles of applying nail polish also and also proper diet to grow nails and make it healthy also.
- Esthetician / Skin care –
Skin specialist have a legal license to perform skin care treatments. They have tips for better skin glow and healthy. Course in Medical Esthetician teaches students about essential skills that need to be used in a clinical skin care environment.
An esthetician cleanses and beautifies the skin by giving facials, full-body treatments, and head and neck massages, as well makeup application. They also may remove hairs of body through waxing or laser treatment.
- Massage Therapist –
Massage therapist uses to manipulate the blood in the whole body and gave relaxed. Massages may be required for a variety of reasons, including treating painful ailments, decompressing tired and overworked muscles, reducing stress, rehabilitating sports injuries, and promoting general health. After massaging the full body get relaxed.
- Barber –
It is related to all the hair care treatment. Barbers cut, trim, shampoo, and style hair mostly for male clients. They also may fit hairpieces and offer head scalp treatments and facial shaving. In many States, barbers are licensed to colour, bleach, and highlight hair, and can offer permanent-wave services.
- Makeup Artist –
A makeup artist is someone who uses cosmetic techniques whose medium is the human body. Makeup artists can change the appearance. There are many career options for makeup artists from Bridal Makeup Artist, commercial photography, parlours, television, theater, movies, fashion shows, mortuary science and so many others.
- Nail care artists
- Salon sales consultant
- Manufacturer sales representative
- Makeup artist
- Beauty care distributor
- Cosmetology instructor
Top Colleges/Academies in India for Cosmetology Course
Meribindiya International Academy Noida
2nd Floor, Veer Singh Palace, Near Sector 18 Metro Station, Behind Vinayak Hospital, Sector 27, Noida (U.P.)
(Ph. No. – 8130520472)
- National and Regional Vocational Training Institutes for Women (Ministry of Labour, Govt. of India) in Delhi, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Vadodara, Hissar, Indore, Trivandrum, Tura
- YWCA have centres in metro cities. (www.ywcaindia.org)
- VLCC Institute of Beauty, Health & Management, many branches are there across the country – (www.vlccnet.com)
- Shahnaz Husain’s Women’s World International, branches and franchises across the country (www.shahnaz.in)
- Habib’s Hair Academy, branches and franchises across the country (www.habibs.org.in)
Top colleges/universities Abroad for Cosmetology Course:
- Empire Beauty School, Lauderhill, FL, USA.
- A.B.I. School of Barbering & Cosmetology New York, NY USA.
- Aaron’s Academy of Beauty, Waldorf, MD, USA.
- Saint Paul College, Minnesota, USA.
- Maryland Community College, Spruce Pine, North Carolina, USA.
Salary of cosmetologists:
The salary or the earnings of cosmetologists depends on their quality of work and their earning potential. And also, the experience is also playing a greater role in earnings.
In India a cosmetologists earns RS. 3 lakhs to 5 lakhs per annul as a fresher or a starting salary. And afterwards when experience is their then earning increases RS. 100,000 per month.
In abroad the per annul wages are $27950 at the early stages.
To conclude that if a person is thinking to become a cosmetologist then they have bright future in it.Cosmetologist evolve in many fields like hair treatment, skin treatment nail treatment. To learn these skills, it is best to enrol in school and make the bright future in the field of cosmologist.